La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative is proudly investing in our nation’s most valuable asset – our youth.
We are pleased to announce that La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative will be awarding two $600.00 or $400.00 scholarships, per semester, in accordance with the required Scholarship Criteria.
The general scholarships are available to any graduating senior from the Mora and Wagon Mound High Schools with a minimum 2.5 GPA and parents or guardians MUST HAVE ACTIVE telephone service with La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative (The scholarship will terminate if service is disconnected).
Recipients of the scholarship will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee.
You MUST mail your application and additional requirements to the address below or may drop them off at our business office.
La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative
P.O. Box 269
Mora, New Mexico 87732
The application must be received by April 8, 2022 and we will not accept an application if it is received late. Please contact La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative about application procedures.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call our Scholarship Coordinator, Annabelle Pacheco at 575-387-2216 or stop by our business office during business hours.
- Per Semester $600.00 – Accredited College or University
- Per Semester $400.00 – Vocational/Trade/Technical School
- MORA & WAGON MOUND HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING SENIORS
- Any Mora and Wagon Mound High School Senior with a grade point average of 2.5 or better may apply for this scholarship. The student shall include a short narrative-a list of topics is on the application and family size.
- The student should have a record of positive attitude and of good citizenship.
- The student must attend an accredited college, university or vocational technical institute of his/her choice within the State of New Mexico as a full-time student each semester.
- Academic progress will be reviewed to ascertain whether student’s grades have improved or regressed during the students first year and in subsequent years in post secondary education. Student must maintain a 2.5 GPA during the first year of studies, based on the full-time program of study relative to their respective major. Verification of such will be provided by the registrar of the affected institution.
- Scholarship is renewable. If a student maintains an average or above average academic standards, he/she will be eligible to receive the scholarship until he/she completes eight consecutive semesters on a full time basis in his/her related major. It will be expected that a first-year student receives a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Additionally, it is expected that the student maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of post secondary education based on a full- time schedule relative to their respective major.
- Reinstatement of scholarship; if a student loses his/her scholarship due to lack of academic progress, he/she may re-apply by writing a formal request addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Danny Gray, wherein said applicant will state his/her reasons and justification for consideration of reinstatement.
- Each semester, the cooperative will require written confirmation from the educational institution on the student’s grade-point average and total successfully completed hours and GPA toward his/her declared major.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is the recipient’s responsibility to submit grades and new class schedules for the appropriate semester.
- Payment will be mailed directly to the financial aid office of the college, university or vocational technical institute on his/her enrollment paperwork (schedule).
- La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative may be a participating member in the scholarship selection committee relative to this particular scholarship.
- IMPORTANT: Scholarship will terminate if member (parent or guardian of scholarship recipient) receiving telephone service should request to disconnect service from La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative.
- The Scholarship awarded to each recipient will be presented at the La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative Annual Meeting of the membership which is held on the 2nd Saturday in September.
IMPORTANT: The recipient selected is required to attend the La Jicarita Rural Telephone Cooperative Annual Meeting of the Membership. Recipient must be presented the scholarship by the Board of Directors at this meeting. In the event whereas the recipient is not present, the awarded scholarship will reciprocate to the alternate (runner up) recipient.